FREDERICK RINE SOLICITORS
CLIENT COMPLAINT HANDLING PROCEDURE
- Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality service to all our clients.
When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to maintain and improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please write us the details. If we have to change any of the timescales set out below we will let you know.
What will happen next?
We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or to explain the details. We may suggest that we clarify any details.
We will then record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint and investigate your complaint. This may involve one or more of the following steps:
- If we acted for you, we will consider your complaint again. We will then send you our detailed reply or invite you for a meeting to discuss the matter
- If someone else acted for you, we will ask them to give us their reply to your complaint. We will then examine their reply and the information in your complaint file.
- We may ask another independent local solicitor to investigate your complaint and report to us.
- We will then write inviting you to meet us and discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint.
- At this stage we will welcome the opportunity to meet you. We would aim to be in a position to be able to meet you within 14 days of first receiving your complaint. If you would prefer not to meet, or we cannot arrange this within an agreeable timescale, we will write fully to you setting out our views on the situation and any redress.
- Within 2 days of the meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you can write to us again. We will then arrange to review our decision within the next 10 days. This may happen in one of the following ways:
- We will review our decision ourselves
- We will arrange for someone who is not connected with the complaint to review our decision
- We will ask our local Law Society or another local firm of solicitors to review your complaint. This may take longer than 10 days in which case we will let you know how long this process will take.
- We will invite you to agree to an independent mediation. This again may take longer than 10 days and we will do my best to let you know how long this will take.
- We will let you know the result of the review within 5 days of the end of the review. At this time we will write you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. We will also give you the name and address of the Legal Complaints Service. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint, but we very much hope that this will not be necessary.